• To teach on a range of modules in an appropriate subject area, and the associated assessment setting, marking and review process, including support to students and staff studying or teaching on the module
• To lead a Module(s) and be responsible for the Quality Assurance of those modules, including the monitoring and review of the student performance, learning resources and associated Quality Assurance and Enhancement process.
• To provide expertise as appropriate in the development of the curriculum in the relevant subject areas, including the review and modification of existing modules, development of new modules, course curriculum and related educational provision
• To develop new teaching and assessment material within the subject area, for use in the module or related modules, such teaching materials to be the property of the university
• To undertake scholarly and research activity as appropriate in the subject area, to underpin and develop the curriculum, teaching, assessment and learning resources for the modules, courses and related educational provision of the university
• To engage in the promulgation of the outputs of the research and scholarly activity to enhance the research and scholarship of the university
• To undertake the administrative and organisational requirements of teaching, research and related professional educational provision
• To undertake personal and professional development to support the teaching, scholarly and research activities
• To engage in institutional projects relating to the mission and direction of the university
• To engage in the community and corporate well being of the university and participate in the professional requirements for the institutional development
• To undertake other duties at a similar level of responsibility and challenge as and when required in consultation with the Deputy Rector Academic
• Candidates are expected to hold a higher degree (Master’s Degree) and/or relevant professional qualification,
preferably from an international institute of Higher Education HE.
• Candidates should be fluent in English either with 6.5 IELTS or a subject qualification taught and assessed in
• English as per the policy on Academic staff.
• Teaching experience in the HE sector and/or an understanding of the requirements for teaching in H.E. in an international environment.
• A specialist interest in teaching and research
• Evidence of commitment to innovation in course development and delivery.
• Evidence of awareness of professional interest and scholarly activity in the area.
• Research potential in the subject area, evidence of current scholarly and/or professional activity.
• Evidence of good interpersonal skills, including presentation and communication skills
• Appropriate level of computer literacy.