What is a TEAM Hackathon?
Hackathon TEAM is a 26-hour marathon of creating, producing, and delivering a business/startup idea in a short amount of time, in which every team, consisted of 3-5 people needs to develop a product from scratch within the set time period. Each participating team will be supervised and mentored by experienced entrepreneurs as well as business experts.
After 26 hours, each team will have to present their developments, which will be evaluated by a committee, including successful entrepreneurs and businessmen of Uzbekistan, as well as TEAM co-founders Hikmat Abdurahmanov, Muzaffar Kasimov and TEAM University Academic team members, as Aleksey Semyonov (Deputy Rector on Academic Administration) and Alan Peter France (Rector).
– Graduates of State and Private Schools, as well as Graduates of Academic Lyceums and Professional Colleges, who meet the minimum requirements for admission and who were offered with Unconditional or Conditional Offer by TEAM University are allowed to participate in the Hackathon TEAM 2021;
– In order to become a participant of the Hackathon TEAM 2021, you must completely and correctly fill out the registration form for participation on the Hackathon TEAM 2021 web-page: www.teamuni.uz/team-hackathon
– At each Hackathon TEAM 2021, the number of participants is limited to 100 people in accordance with the epidemiological situation in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
– Hackathon TEAM is a competition in which participants will be divided into teams of 3-5 people;
– The duration of the Hackathon TEAM is 2 days;
– The formation of teams is carried out on the first day of the competition according to the principle of random distribution;
– The venue for the Hackathon TEAM is the TEAM University Campus, located at: Yashnabad district, st. Temur Malik 146, Tashkent, Uzbekistan;
– Within two days, the teams perform competitive tasks in the form of one project according to one of the 5 directions of the Hackathon TEAM;
– The team must submit the developed project to the Jury, in accordance with the established criteria (link to the criteria), in a presentation format, and also demonstrate the performance of the prototype;
– The results of the Hackathon TEAM and the selection of the winners will be made based on the assessment of the results of the teamwork of the participants by the Jury according to the criteria specified here (link to the criteria).
Participants will be provided with five theme-cases for the Hackathon TEAM in the following directions:
Important: Each team will need to choose one case-theme from the 5 directions presented above!
Hackathon TEAM 2021 Winners
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams will be awarded as follows:
Detailed agenda of the days:
09:00 – 09:15 – Opening ceremony
09:15 – 09:20 – Explanation of the Hackathon rules to participants
09:20 – 09:30 – Presentation of the project topics
09:30 – 09:45 – Clarification of the project Assessment criteria
09:45 – 10:30 – Formation of the project teams, preparation of a mini-team presentation, selection of the cases
for Hackathon projects
10:30 – 11:00 – Ice-breaker Session
11:00 – 11:30 – Master-class “Creation of the pitch presentation”
11:30 – 12:40 – Teams prepare pitch presentations of Hackathon projects
12:40 – 13:20 – Pitch-Presentations of the Hackathon projects (format: 2 minutes)
13:20 – 14:30 – Lunch time
14:30 – 15:15 – Master-class “Marketing and use of IT technologies as a tool for communicating with target
15:15 – 17:15 – Working on the projects
17:15 – 17:45 – Master-class “Finance”
17:45 – 19:45 – Working on the projects
20:00 – Closing of the 1st day of the Hackathon
09:00 – Start of the 2nd day of the Hackathon
09:05 – 09:30 – Team building session
09:30 – 10:15 – Master-class “Project presentation”
10.15 – 13.00 – Working on the Projects
13.00 – 13.30 – Lunch time
13:30 – 16:00 – Working on the Projects
16:00 – 17:00 – Project presentation (format 5 minutes + 1 minute for questions)
17.00 – 17.30 – Jury assessment and announcement of the results
17.30 – 18.00 – Awarding Ceremony
18.00 – 20.00 – Party
20.00 – Closing Ceremony of the Hackathon
Master-class: «How to create pitch-presentations»
Master-class: «Project Presentation»
Deputy Rector on Academic Administration,
Alan Peter France