What is a TEAM Startup Challenge?
Startup Challenge (previously Hackathon) is a 26-hour marathon of creating, producing, and delivering a business/startup idea in a short amount of time, in which every team, consisted of 3-5 people needs to develop a product from scratch within the set time period. Each participating team will be supervised and mentored by experienced entrepreneurs as well as business experts.
After 26 hours, each team will have to present their developments, which will be evaluated by a committee, including successful entrepreneurs and businessmen of Uzbekistan, as well as TEAM co-founders Hikmat Abdurahmanov, Zafar Khashimov and TEAM University Academic team members.
Second Startup Challenge 2023 will be conducted on August 24-25.
– Graduates of State and Private Schools, as well as Graduates of Academic Lyceums and Professional Colleges, who meet the minimum requirements for admission, passed an interview and who were offered with Unconditional or Conditional Offer by TEAM University are allowed to participate in the Startup Challenge 2023;
– In order to become a participant of the Startup Challenge 2023, you must completely and correctly fill out the registration form for participation on the Startup Challenge 2023 web-page: www.teamuni.uz/startup-challenge
– Startup Challenge is a competition in which participants will be divided into teams of 3-5 people;
– The duration of the Startup Challenge is 2 days;
– The formation of teams is carried out on the first day of the competition according to the principle of random distribution;
– The venue for the Startup Challenge is the TEAM University Campus, located at: Yashnabad district, st. Temur Malik 146, Tashkent, Uzbekistan;
– Within two days, the teams perform competitive tasks in the form of one project according to one of the 5 directions of the Startup Challenge;
– The team must submit the developed project to the Jury, in accordance with the established criteria, in a presentation format, and also demonstrate the performance of the prototype;
– The results of the Startup Challenge and the selection of the winners will be made based on the assessment of the results of the teamwork of the participants by the Jury according to the criteria specified.
Topics for Projects
Participants will be provided with five theme-cases for the Startup Challenge 2023 in the following directions:
Important: Each team will need to choose one case-theme from the 5 directions presented above!
Startup Challenge 2023 Winners
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams will be awarded as follows:
Detailed agenda of the days:
08:30 – 9:00 – Registration
09:00 – 10:00 – Opening Ceremony: Explanation of the rules, Presentation of project topics, evaluation criteria
10:00 – 11:00 – Formation of project teams, selection of cases for start-up projects
11:00 – 12:00 – Master class on Pitch Deck
12:00 – 13:00 – Teamwork on the projects
13:00 – 14:00 – Lunch
14:00 – 15:00 – Teamwork on the projects
15:00 – 15:45 – Master class on Finances
15:45 – 17:45 – Teamwork on the projects
17:45 – 18:00 – Closing of the 1st day
09:00 – 09:30 – Start of day 2
09:30 – 10:15 – Master class on Marketing
10:15 – 11:30 – Teamwork on the projects
11:30 – 11:45 – Icebreaker activities
11:45 – 13:00 – Teamwork on the projects
13:00 – 14:00 – Lunch
14:00 – 14:40 – Master-class
14:40 – 16:00 – Teamwork on the projects
16:00 – 17:30 – Project pitch (format 5 minutes + 1 minute for questions)
17:30 – 18:00 – Judging by the jury and announcing the results
18:00 – 18:30 – Winners’ Award Ceremony
18:30 – 19:30 – Closing Ceremony/Party
Master-class: «Pitch Deck»
Chairman of the
Uzbekistan Venture Capital Association
Co-founder and CEO
Twelve Stars Capital
Founder and CEO