WHO IS THIS
TEAM Pre-Foundation Course is a programme for those who wish to develop skills necessary for undergraduate studies at TEAM University.
The course mainly focuses on the development of students’ English skills and key transferrable skills such as critical thinking, group work and presentation skills. The course is subject to TEAM University quality assurance procedures. Students who will successfully complete the course will be automatically admitted to TEAM University undergraduate programme.
TEAM Pre-Foundation Course
4 950 000 UZS for the entire period of study
146, Temur Malik street, Yashnobod district, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
English Language Requirement
Achieved a pass mark on a TEAM Pre-Foundation Entrance Examination or;
An IELTS score of 5.0 (with Writing score not less 4.5) or other English Language Test recognized by TEAM (Duolingo)
WHY TEAM PRE-FOUNDATION?
- Unique opportunity to prepare for degree level studies in a university educational environment
- Exposure to an extensive English language training necessary to pursue undergraduate studies in an international English language environment
- Access to all university learning resources
- Access to sport facilities
- Business Breakfasts and other Extracurricular Activities
- Open access to extracurricular activities organized on campus
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIIREMENTS?
Applicants must have studied a broad range of subjects and have a certificate of secondary education (Umumiy o’rta ta’lim to’g’risida shahodatnoma – 9 years of secondary education) or equivalent and be a student of grade 11 at a School or Year 2 of Lyceum in Uzbekistan. International students will be considered for admission through assessment of their submitted documentation pertinent to previous education.
To verify compliance to these requirements applicants must provide a copy of:
- Certificate of secondary education (Umumiy o’rta ta’lim to’g’risida shahodatnoma – 9 years of secondary education)
- Confirmation letter from the current school (Lyceum) confirming their status as a student of grade 11 (2nd year of Lyceum) on application.
Applicants must demonstrate mastery of the English language at the level B1 (CEFR) or equivalent, which include:
- Achieved a pass mark on a TEAM Pre-Foundation Entrance Examination; or
- An IELTS score of 5.0 with or other English Language Test recognized by TEAM.
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age by the beginning of the course. To verify compliance to this requirement, applicants must provide a copy of:
• Expand the students’ English proficiency
• Provide opportunities for students to improve key transferrable skills
• Promote a positive learning environment that fosters autonomous learning
TEAM Pre-Foundation Entrance Exam
The English language entrance exam to Pre-Foundation Course will consist of 3 sections that altogether will take around 1 hour 40 minutes.
1. Writing Section will last for 40 minutes and will include one task.
2. Reading Section will last for 30 minutes and may include texts of differing length and complexity. The questions may include matching tasks, short-answer questions and note completion.
3. Use of English consists of the 20 items and the recommended time for this section is 30 minutes.
Exam cost (for one attempt) – 150 000 UZS. Payment can be made at the TEAM University Campus.
Register for Pre-Foundation Entry Examination via this link.
Dates of Pre-Foundation Course Entry Exams: 5th and 19th of December.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion of this module students should be able to:
- Explain and support their viewpoint by providing evidence, giving reasons and evaluating different opinions both in written and oral forms.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate their message with a high level of lexical and grammatical accuracy and spontaneity on a number of familiar topics.
- Produce and present their work in different formats with a high degree of clarity and detail.
- Identify main ideas and details when reading and listening to complex input.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in collaboration.
HOW WILL I BE TAUGHT AND ASSESSED?
The language of instruction of the course is English. Classes will take place three times a week on campus of TEAM University. The timing of the sessions will be arranged so that your school/lyceum classes are not affected. The classes will be delivered in the format of seminars, workshops and online activities. You will be taught a range of topics in interactive ways that will allow you to work on your group working skills, improve your presentation skills, and develop your critical thinking skills.
The assessment will include both formative and summative tasks. You will be asked to compile a portfolio of your best papers, work in pairs to hold a successful discussion on a chosen topic and take an in-class test. Your lecturers will guide you throughout the whole course by providing ongoing support.