Duration of the Program
Tuition Fees per Year
38 348 000 UZS
Who is this Program for?
BSc (Hons) – Tourism and Hotel Management is designed for all students who wish to gain necessary knowledge and skills in working the ever-exciting tourism and hospitality industries. This program offered at TEAM University with its international partner American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) provides both theory and practical skills that are not only valid and necessary in Uzbekistan but also recognized globally. Graduates can launch their own businesses as well as can easily be integrated to the industry wherever they like.
Applicants with a positive attitude and the right motivation are welcome to apply to this program.
Awards: This is a double-degree program providing American and Uzbek recognition. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will receive a Bachelor’s Degree (BSc Hons in Tourism and Hotel Management) from TEAM University and an Associate Degree (AAS in Tourism and Hotel Management) from AHLEI. Moreover, for each of the 12 AHLEI courses students successfully complete they will get an international certification.
Distinctive Features of the Program:
• opportunity to develop skill set that is internationally certified and recognized
• development of critical understanding of international tourism and hospitality industry
• opportunity to get hands-on experience during internships at 3 stages of your studies
• be part of the Uzbek vision of diversifying it’s economy by utilizing its inherent hospitality and culture
Applicants must have studied a broad range of subjects and have a general certificate of secondary education or equivalent, e.g. for applicants studying in Uzbekistan, the equivalents include:
● Certificate of General Secondary Education (O’rta Ma’lumot To’g’risida Attestat)
● Diploma of Secondary Specialised Education (Akademik Litsey Diplomi)
● Diploma of Professional Education (Kasb-Hunar Kolleji Diplomi)
International students will be considered for admission through assessment of their submitted documentation pertinent to previous education.
Applicants must have:
● Grade C or above in GCSE level English from an English medium of instruction secondary school or equivalent; or
● Achieved a pass mark (40%) on the TEAM English Test; or
● An IELTS score of 5.5 with no less than 5.0 in the writing component*; or
● Achieved a pass mark on a TEAM recognised English language programme at the Pre-Foundation, Foundation or higher level.
* We accept the following equivalents for IELTS (Overall 5.5; Writing 5.0):
– Cambridge English (Overall 162; Writing 154);
– TOEFL iBT (Overall 72; Writing 14);
– Duolingo (90);
– Alternative certificates will be considered on an individual basis.
Applicants will normally have to be 16 years of age by the 1st of October of the academic year applied for.
Transfer of credits allows credits awarded by another HE Institution to contribute to the credit required for an TEAM University award. Applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Consideration of any request for transfer of credits will only be confirmed against an official transcript, and particular attention will be paid to grades achieved and number of attempts at the assessments.
How to Apply
In order to apply for the new undergraduate program BSc (Hons) Tourism and Hotel Management, you need to follow this link and start filling out the application form.
When you enter the site, click the “Create a new account” button, then you will see the initial registration window (screenshot is attached). To apply for the Tourism and Hotel Management program, click on the icon on the right (with TEAM and AHLEI logos), then proceed with the registration and activate your account, then you can start filling out the form and upload the necessary documents.
Upon completion of the process, the Admissions Office of our University will contact you for further actions.
If you have any questions, please call this phone number: +998712002060 or contract us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Learning Outcomes
LO1 – Combine theoretical knowledge and understanding and hands-on skills to solve any issues you may face after your graduation.
LO2 – By successfully completing all the AHLEI courses (12 in 4 year) to get certified for each course and an Associate Degree when 12 courses are completed.
LO3 – Apply concepts of social responsibility, ethical behavior and sustainability in business and assess the impact of tourism and hospitality service skills on the target community, market, society and environment.
LO4 – Apply interpersonal skills to be effective and self-aware, working both individually and as a part of a team, demonstrating the capacity to motivate oneself and others in tourism and hospitality industries where these skills are utmost vital.
LO5 – Demonstrate the ability to apply your theoretical knowledge combined with practical skills during your internships.
LO6 – Apply an integrated understanding of all procedures and processes involved in launching and managing a tourism and hospitality venture.
LO7 – Combine Uzbek hospitality, and cultural heritage with international professionalism to create outstanding customer/guest experience.
LO8 – Demonstrate the ability to understand and appreciate the role of cross-national differences in interacting and serving guests/customers with international origions.
Description of the Program:
First year courses will provide a general introduction to the higher education courses (business and TH) that will be the base for the further studies.
- Contemporary Global Issues in TH
- Economics and Math for the Modern World (TH cases)
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Introduction to Organization, Enterprise and Management
- Digital Business Basics
- 100 The Lodging and Food Service Industry
- 103 Hospitality Today: An Introduction
Followed by 200 hours of entry level internship at 4- or 5-star hotels (or equivalent tourism companies)
These courses dive in the detailed operational side of the TH industries. Utilizing what students experienced during their internship and combining them to the theoretical knowledge.
- 241 Management of Food and Beverage Operations
- 245 Food Safety: Managing with the HACCP System
- 333 Managing Front Office Operations
- 338 Managing Housekeeping Operations
- Fundamentals of Food Production
- Supplementary Language 1 (Arabic / Chinese / German / Spanish)
- Delivering Service Quality
- Introduction to Tourism and Events
- Customer Relationship Management
- Uzbek Tourism and Hospitality Industry
Followed by 200 hours of mid-level internship at 4- or 5-star hotels (or equivalent tourism companies).
Courses starting with year 3 focus on the supervisory and managerial issues. Providing them with wide-variety of sectorial focus while maintaining the connective tissue with the industry by drawing from their second internship at the mid-level positions.
- 260 Hospitality Industry Financial Accounting
- 349 Managing Service in Food and Beverage Operations
- 391 Understanding Hospitality Law
- Events and Exhibition Management
- Digital Marketing and Public Relations for Hospitality and Tourism
- Tourism Planning and Development
- Strategic Management for Hospitality and Tourism
- Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Hospitality Industries
- Supplementary Language 2 (Arabic / Chinese / German / Spanish)
- Academic Research & Writing 1: Theory
Followed by Managerial/Supervisory Placement at 4- or 5-star hotels (or equivalent tourism companies).
Final year of the program contains courses that focus more on the managerial topics aiming to prepare the students for possible supervisory entry level positions. Moreover, additional language and research courses will add value to our students.
- 250 Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
- 472 Hospitality Sales and Marketing
- 468 Managing Technology in the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Operations & Control Management
- Tourism Policy and Planning
- Cross-Cultural Understanding and Management
- Trends and Innovation in Hospitality and Tourism
- Enterprise Project in Tourism and Hospitality
- Managing the Crisis Management
- Academic Research & Writing 2: Dissertation
Teaching and Assessment Strategy
Teaching, Learning and Assessment strategy for course assumes gradual progression on recognized globally theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
In Year 1, students will be provided with the fundamental knowledge of business as well as tourism and hospitality which would serve as a base for the further studies and during their first internship after the completion of Year 1. year 2 courses provide a focus on operational side of tourism and hospitality industry by applying the theoretical knowledge students got from the previous year and combining internship experience. Accordingly, during Year 3 students will have a deeper knowledge of managerial and supervisory issues. Providing them with wide-variety of sectorial focus while maintaining the connective tissue with the industry by drawing from their second internship at the mid-level positions.
Final year provides more focus on managerial topics so as to prepare students for supervisory positions by adding value through additional language as well as research courses.
During this course, students will learn to apply gained theoretical knowledge and hands-on skills, as well as implement social responsibility concepts together with ethical behavior and sustainability in launching new businesses in tourism industry; be able to assess tourism and hospitality skills’ influence in the given society and target community; employ interpersonal skills while working both individually and in a team, so that to motivate oneself and others in tourism and hospitality industry by demonstrating effectiveness and self-awareness; demonstrate the applicability of theoretical knowledge along with the practical skills by combining international professionalism in order to create superior customer experience. Furthermore, illustrate the understanding of integrated procedures to launch and manage a hospitality venture by acknowledging cross-national differences in serving guests/customers.
Who will teach me?
Asst. Prof. Dr. Akmal Khudaykulov 🇺🇿
- D. in Management Science, Wuhan University of Technology
- Master of Management, Fergana Polytechnic Institute
- Bachelor of Economics, Fergana Polytechnic Institute
Prof. Erdogan Ekiz 🇹🇷
Dean of Faculty
- Doctor in Philosophy in Tourism and Hotel Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, School of Hotel and Tourism Management, Hong Kong
- MBA in Services Management and BSc in Tourism and Hospitality Management, Eastern Mediterranean University, N. Cyprus.
- Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE) of American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute, USA
- Qualified Learning Facilitator (QLF) of École hôtelière de Lausanne, Canada
- Advanced Trainer with Distinction of International Air Transport Association (IATA), February 2016, Switzerland
Prof. Dr. Alex Candor 🇺🇸
Director of Research center at TEAM University
- D. in Marketing, SFSU/Gazi University
- MBA, Ankara University
- A. in Economics, Gazi University
Where will I Study?
The course is delivered on TEAM University campus at 146, Temur Malik Street, Tashkent.